Are you often drawn to particular interests and prefer to maintain a consistent routine? Do you become highly frustrated when your daily schedule is disrupted? Do you struggle to comprehend the intentions of others during conversations? Or do you feel that you possess distinct qualities that set you apart? Take this adult autism test to identify potential signs of autism and gain a deeper understanding of yourself.
What Is Adult Autism?
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders that refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech, and nonverbal communication. In most cases, people with autism receive a diagnosis in childhood, usually after the age of 4 years.
However, some adults with autism are not diagnosed in childhood, even if their symptoms are more severe. In recent years, awareness of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in adults has grown dramatically which has also been reflected in the diagnosis of cases with adult autism. Adults with autism are found to be adaptable in specific areas of work but find difficulties in bonding a close relationship with others.
Some of the characteristics of people with adult autism are:
- Difficulty in understanding what others are thinking or feeling and getting very anxious about social situations
- Finding it hard to make friends and preferring to be on your own
- Hypersensitivity to sounds or smells that do not seem to bother others
- A strong need for sameness and consistently focusing on the same interest areas
- Showing outbursts or getting upset when there is a change in routines and expectations
Instructions For Taking Adult Autism Test
Below is a list of statements that relate to an adult individual’s signs of autism. Please read each statement carefully, and select options that you find relevant for you.
Please note: This adult autism checklist is for self-assessment and not a diagnostic test and can only be applied to 16+ years age group.
No. of questions – 15