Are you able to express your thoughts and opinions clearly and confidently? Are you assertive to say “no” when needed? Do you find it easy to stand up for yourself when necessary? Or, do you find it difficult to openly express your need to others? Take this test to know whether you have assertiveness skills or not.
What is Assertiveness?
Assertiveness is a valuable skill that individuals can develop to express their feelings, wishes, wants and desires in an appropriate manner. It holds significant importance in personal and interpersonal interactions.
Whether one is at home, at work, or engaging with employers, customers, or colleagues, assertiveness enables effective and transparent communication without undermining personal rights or the rights of the others. Individuals with high assertiveness typically exhibit
- Ability to articulate their opinions and ideas effectively
- A strong belief in their own worth and abilities
- Active listening to others, allowing them to understand different viewpoints and respond appropriately
- A skill at finding mutually beneficial solutions and resolving conflicts
- Asserting own rights, needs, and interests as in a proactive manner
Instructions For Taking Assertiveness Test Online
Below is a list of statements related to an individual’s ability to openly and assertively express their needs and views without being hesitated. Please read each statement carefully and rate the extent to which these are relevant to you.
Please note: This Assertiveness Test is a self-assessment.
No. of questions – 15